Dozens Hospitalized After Shigella Outbreak From San Jose Restaurant


hospitalized-after-shigella-outbreakDozens hospitalized after Shigella outbreak after eating at a San Jose restaurant in Santa Clara County over the weekend.

There is a report of over 40 people who ate at Mariscos San Juan restaurant at 205 North 4th Street in San Jose on Friday and Saturday became acutely ill.

People began having symptoms of Shigella which is a form of food poisoning that causes people to have severe fever, vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach pain.

Shigella can easily be spread amongst others and in rare cases fatal. The disease is spread by eating or drinking something that has come in contact with the stool of an infected person.

Records showed that 12 people are currently being treated in the intensive care unit.

The Santa Clara County Public Health Department shut down the restaurant after a local hospital alerted the department.

Health officials suspect the disease was spread by a food handler that was contaminated with Shigella.

Meticulous hand washing is crucial for those who have contracted Shigella.

Officials are urging those who ate at the restaurant and are experiencing symptoms to get to a doctor immediately.

Food poisoning is tough case to pursue, but it’s important to seek out your options. If you are suffering from serious injuries it’s important to speak to a reputable personal injury lawyer.

At Bergener Mirejovsky, we are here to provide the information you need to build your case. Contact us a for a free consultation at 1-800-881-2021 and learn what steps to take.

NO RECOVERY. NO FEE.
That means we charge you nothing unless we reach a successful settlement of your claim. If we don’t get you compensated for your damages, you don’t pay us a dime.
  • TELL US ABOUT YOUR ACCIDENT

MEDIA PARTNERS